Frequently Asked Questions - Human Resources

Question: Why didn't I get paid?
Answer: Casual staff - If you did not submit your claim form by the close off deadline you will not be paid for this pay period - check Claims Form Schedule.

If you submitted your claim form on time, please contact Salaries on ext 51706.

Full-time or Part-time staff - Please contact your HR Consultant/Officer or Human Resources on ext 52711.
Question: What is my Employee ID and Record Number?
Answer: This information is on your Pay Slip (top left hand corner) if you have been paid, otherwise your Administration Office or Manager can check this on the NewSouth HR system.
Question: How do I change my address, banking or deduction details?
Answer:To change address, banking or deductions these are to be done in
Question: How much annual leave do I have?
Answer: Annual leave balances can be viewed in myUNSW. If you have a query about your leave balance, please contact the Leave Team on ext. 52733 or 52719 or Email at leave@unsw.edu.au
Question: Who should I contact if my leave balance is incorrect?
Answer: Please contact the Leave Team on ext. 52733 or 52719. or Email Leave at leave@unsw.edu.au
Question: How do I apply for leave?
Answer: Applications for leave can be submiited online at myUNSW.  Logon to myUNSW, select the "My Staff Profile" tab, My Profile, then Absence Information
Question: How much should I pay a casual?
Answer: The casual rates for academic staff and for professional staff can be found under at the Salaries website.
Question: How do I change the pay rate for an existing casual general staff?
Answer: Please complete a new SAL11 form with the Employee ID and Record Number and advise the new level or step.and email to salaries@unsw.edu.au
Question: When do I need to submit my claim form?
Answer: Refer to the Claims Form Schedule.
Question: What should I do to receive a copy of a previous year Payment Summary (formerly known as group certificate)?
Answer: The policy of the University is that all requests for the re-issue of a previous year payment summarys are to be downloaded from
myUNSW in My Staff Profile - select My Profile - Payroll Information - then select Payment Summary. Terminated Staff can access their Payment Summary via MyUNSW for up to 18 months after their Temination Date.

If you have any further queries please phone the Salaries on 9385 1706.
Question: Where can I get copies of the Human Resources Forms?
Answer: Refer to the HR Forms on the Human Resources website.
Question: Where can I get copies of the Salaries Forms?
Answer: Refer to the HR Forms on the Human Resources website.
Question: What items can I salary sacrifice?
Answer: Salary sacrificing will allow staff to pay for a wide variety ot items such as superannuation, motor vehicles, UNSW parking, UNSW Childcare, Unigym from pre-tax salary.
For further information on salary sacrificing refer to:
Salary Sacrificing Options at UNSW
UNSW Academic Staff Enterprise Agreement
UNSW Professional Staff Enterprise Agreement
Question: How do I get access to PiMS?
Answer: Access is granted after completing the appropriate PiMS access form and submitting it to it.servicecentre@unsw.edu.au  
Question:What training is available in PiMS?
Answer: OnlineVidio Training and User Guides are available in MyUNSW
Question: Where do I go to for help if I have problems running reports?
Question: Who in Personnel should I contact about my appointment?
Answer: Contact the relevant HR Consultant/Officer by phone or email.
Question: Who should I contact if I have a question about my superannuation?
Answer: If you have a question regarding your superannuation at UNSW, please contact super@unsw.edu.au
If you have a question regarding the Special Purposes Superannuation Scheme, please contact super@unsw.edu.au
Or call the Unisuper On-Campus Consultant Lachlan McLean on 0427045424 or email lachlan.mclean@unisuper.com.au
Question: Who should I contact about my tax query?
Answer: Please email salaries@unsw.edu.au or ring  salaries on 9385-1706, alternatively you can contact the Australian Taxation Office or phone 132 861.
Question: Who should I speak to about my accounting query?
Answer: Please contact the appropriate Client Services Officer in Financial Services.
Question: Where is Human Resources located?
Human Resources Reception
Level 1, Room 119 North Wing
The Chancellery
Phone: 61 2 9385 2711
Mon-Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm