Approval for Paid Outside Work

Under the policy on Paid Outside Work by Academic Staff, all academic staff are required to apply for prior approval to undertake any form of Paid Outside Work EXCEPT where University Paid Outside Work is undertaken on a research project, where approval must be obtained via the Acceptance form for the project prepared by the Division of Research.

Where required, the Application for Approval to Undertake Paid Outside Work is available online through myUNSW - click here for further information on accessing myUNSW and the services available online.

Staff are prompted to enter the details of their proposed Paid Outside Work project, and may begin an application and save it online to be completed at a later date. To submit their application for approval, staff need to print and sign the final version of their application and submit this, along with any related or required documentation, to their Head of School, Dean or the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) to be assessed.

Once the application has been assessed the staff member will be advised of the outcome and the application will be forwarded to Human Resources, who are responsible for maintaining records of all Paid Outside Work applications.

Note: you should not commence a Paid Outside Work project until you have been formally advised that your application has been approved by the relevant UNSW authority.



if you have any questions regarding the application process please contact your Faculty HR Consultant.