Foundations of Leadership
What is the workshop about?
The workshop will focus on principles of management and leadership, examining the challenges inherent in the leadership role in the tertiary sector now and in the future. You will explore the big picture issues and drill down to the personal level where you will reflect on your own leadership journey, where you are, where you want to go and how you will get there. The workshop will introduce practical skills in time management and delegation.
- Internal and external drivers that impact on UNSW managers and leaders today and in the future
- Stages of transition to leadership
- Self-Management strategies
- Skills and strategies to delegate effectively
Key Learning Outcomes
- Explore the difference between managing and leading
- Describe the challenges for UNSW Australia managers and leaders
- Define personal leadership values
- Describe the impact of values on management style
- Apply key principles of self-management to build resilience and personal effectiveness
- Develop your team through effective delegation
- Create a goal based action plan for personal leadership development
What have past participants said?
“Great opportunity to meet other managers and learn about their situations and roles”
“Great, quite interactive, good learning experience”
“Found the course allowed reflective time and encouraged me to think”
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm (2 days)
Suitable for: Academic and Professional Managers.