Assessing Organisational Readiness for Mentoring
We often assume that because mentoring is in itself a positive development activity that all mentoring programs will be well received and successful. However not all mentoring programs are successful, and often this is due to the organisation itself not being ready for such a progam.
There are a number of factors which can impact on an organisation's readiness for a mentoring program, including:
- Significant and ongoing change
- Low morale
- Unclear organisational direction
- Lack of commitment to professional development
- Lack of support from 'management'
- Senior staff not being seen as role models
- The following assessment tool will assist you to determine whether your organisation is ready for a mentoring program.
Download the Organisational Readiness Assessment