Salaries enquiry phone : 9385-1706

  • Payment Summaries will only be available for current and terminated employees via myUNSW self service until financial year end 2018. Staff that have terminated at UNSW will have access to myUNSW for payslips and payment summaries only for 18 months after termination. If you have forgotten your z-pass please email UNSW IT - Service Centre or ring 9385-1333 for your z-pass to be reset.
Reporting Information for: PAYG Payment Summaries for Employees

End of Year Payment Summary

Due to a change in legislation from the ATO - payment Summaries have been replaced by Single Touch Payroll. You will need to obtain your year to date information via your myGov website.

Why has this changed?

In order to comply with Commonwealth Government requirements on how we report tax and superannuation information to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), UNSW has introduced Single Touch Payroll.

What is Single Touch Payroll?

Single Touch Payroll requires UNSW to report payments such as salaries and wages, pay as you go (PAYG) withholding tax and superannuation information to the ATO each time we pay our employees.

What does this mean for me?

At the end of each financial year, Single Touch Payroll will require employees to access their year-to-date tax and superannuation information for the purposes of their tax return via the myGov Website. UNSW will no longer provide employees with an end-of-year payment summary (i.e. group certificate).
Single Touch Payroll will also allow your registered tax agent to access your tax and super information when lodging your tax return.

What do I need to do?

We encourage you to set up a myGov account if you do not already have one. While this is not compulsory, the ATO’s advice is that you will not be able to access your year-end tax and super information without one.
Please note, there is no change to your fortnightly payslips which will continue to be available on myUNSW.

Further information

For more information on Single Touch Payroll and how to set up a myGov account, please visit the ATO website, or refer to the Single Touch Payroll Quick Reference Guide.